Re: other services on a firewall

The firewall on an isp should be used to block certian out
going traffic. Ie if a web server is for only recieveing and
never sends out it should not beallowed to send out.
If the firewall was right on the web server and the
web server was rooted. It could take the firewall down
and get full access to the network.

The firewall is used to stop traffic
and log traffic.

If it runs lots of extra services it will has that much more of
a chance to be rooted and disabled. If it is rooted
logs can be deleted or edited if they are stored on
that machine and they should not be.

Sorry for my bad explaintion my english is not the best.

Charles Verge

The Verge Internet Services
http://www.theverge.com
The place for your site !