Re: firewall that boots from diskette

Simon Martin wrote:
> 1) Where do I look for documentation on setting up a diskette boot system?

  Have a look at FloppyFW:
http://www.zelow.no/floppyfw/

> 2) Has anyone done this before? What were the caveats?

  I am using it since a couple of months and I am very satisfied of it ! ;)
  The caveat is it's not a Proxy FireWall...
  The advantage is you don't need a HD anymore !!! :)
  Have a look also at the Linux Router Project:
http://www.linuxrouter.org/

> 3) To administer remotely, I will have to set up telnet.
> Will this cause many security problems? Is there a better alternative?

  Yes, use SSH.

--
ECO.
~~~~  Hiroshima 45, Tchernobyl 86, Window$ 00