Re: other services on a firewall

Peter Bartosch wrote:

> hi, debians
>
> i'm willing to setup a firewall, and therefor i'm asking myself how insecure
> it is, to provide some other services (e.g. like apache) on the same
> machine?? is it to risky?

All I know is that this is strongly discouraged. Each extra package give
room for other problems, so all suggest doing the following.

Setting up a Firewall with as few services as possible. No extra
packages like X11, Compiler etc. and another server for the web
services.

I think it's a question how parnoid you are;-). If you don't care about
break-ins, why than doing a firewall at all? If you just say, I don't
want ot make it too easy you can provide other services, but you should
be aware that you deal security witch convinience.

Regards
Friedrich