MTA: VMailer

I read thru the available documentation of VMailer....it's the first set
of MTA docs that didn't give me a headache :-).

Seriously, it looks pretty clean....if the code looks anything as good as
the docs it ought to be very good.

I'm not exactly a mail security guru but they do seem to have seperated
the functions of the mailer well.  Why don't you real guru's take a look
and report back.  For my money it's the one.....when it's available....and
that is the big gotcha....I can't find out when it's to be release...next
month?, next year?

The license looks pretty good too.....just protects IBM from lawsuits and
gives IBM bragging rights and that's about it, otherwise it appears to me
to be private-use and commercial-use free.  I don't know if it's DFSG
free.....could someone that knows more comment?  Here is the URL and
license:

http://wzv.win.tue.nl/vmail/toc.html   VMailer

http://www.clark.net/~proberts/vmailer/faq.html#A5   VMailer FAQ

License:

Copyright (c) 1997 by International Business Machines, Inc.

International Business Machines, Inc. (hereinafter called IBM)
grants permission under its copyrights to use, copy, modify, and
distribute this Software with or without fee, provided that all
paragraphs of this notice appear in all copies, and that the name
of IBM not be used in connection with the marketing of any product
incorporating the Software or modifications thereof, without
specific, written prior permission.

To the extent it has a right to do so, IBM grants an immunity from
suit under its patents, if any, for the use, sale or manufacture
of products to the extent that such products are used for electronic
mail transport and delivery by means of the Software.  No immunity
is granted for any product per se or for any other function of any
product.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", AND IBM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES,
INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  IN NO EVENT SHALL IBM BE LIABLE FOR ANY
SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES
WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE
OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF IBM IS APPRISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
SUCH DAMAGES.

	Henry Hollenberg     speed@barney.iamerica.net