Re: Down to 10 ?able packages.

	Henry Hollenberg     speed@barney.iamerica.net

On Thu, 5 Mar 1998, Martin Schulze wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 04, 1998 at 05:06:23PM -0600, Henry Hollenberg wrote:
>
> > [..]                                             I know you like sendmail
>
> I have to object.  I've never stated that and I suppose I never will.
> I'm an Smail bloke.

Ooops! sorry, I guess that was Christian:

On Tue, Mar 03, 1998 at 08:09:12AM -0600, Henry Hollenberg wrote:

[Please trim your quotes]

> > > Maybe. But I still prefer sendmail. :-)
> >
> > this sounds much better:
> >
> > Package: ssmtp
> > Version: 2.24-3
> > Section: mail
> > Maintainer: Hugo Haas <hugo@debian.org>
> > Depends: libc6
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Uh, Oh  what does this mean....would we have to wait for Debian 2.0 to
use
> this?

a) Wait for 2.0

b) Upgrade your system from bo to hamm, using http://taz.net.au/autoup/

c) Recompile the package for bo (might be problematic)

Regards,

        Joey
:0

--
  / Martin Schulze  *  joey@infodrom.north.de  *  26129 Oldenburg  /
 / If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country /

> > > You are not allowed to distribute Qmail.  Period.
> >
> > Why couldn't we put
> > ftp://koobera.math.uic.edu/pub/software/qmail-1.01.tar.gz
> > in our scripts and then proceed to have the firewall install routine
> > compile and load it on the system?
>
> As Ecki said: you can.  This has been done by the qmail-src.deb.  Even
> the .src.tar.gz is included.

Ok, then I'm going downstairs to read the qmail docs!

hgh