Re: CAll for standard bastion smtp: ssmtp

Ooops!, I just got my hands on the man page for ssmtp.....it looks like it
does not have the ability to listen on a port....only make a connection to
a port and send.  So it won't work as outlined below.  I guess that's what
a few folks have been trying to say....I suppose I've been a little dense,
sorry!

	Henry Hollenberg     speed@barney.iamerica.net

> In light of this dynamic....could not ssmtp handle simply forwarding all
> mail to one system?
>
> Firewall Architecture = screened subnet:
>
>  				       .4
>                                      bastion-ssmtp
> inet pipeline50 -- paket filter A -----hub------ paket filter B - LAN
>      206.81.41.1   .2	       .3      .5            192.168.1.1   |
>                                                       mail_hub ----+
>                                                       smail vs.
>                                                       qmail vs.
>                                                    sendmail vs.
>                                                          ?
>
> Could set up a TIS ftk type setup on the internal mail hub as extra
> protection also.

bye  hgh