Re: Another Debian/Ubuntu bug-squashing hackathon, SIPB, October 2

Hi there!

debian-events-na@l.d.o one (thus keeping the full quote).

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 06:06:43 +0200, Luke W. Faraone wrote:
> You're invited to the SIPB office [1] for a Debian/Ubuntu
> bug-squashing hackathon on Sunday, October 2, from 2 PM until late
> evening.
>
> This is an opportunity both to get a little more familiar with the
> systems that many SIPB projects build on, and to give back to them and
> the larger free software community. We're currently in the beta
> process of Ubuntu's next release, as well as in the middle of the
> development cycle of Debian's. SIPB previously ran this sort of
> hackathon in August (as well as several times prior), and it's been
> popular and has gotten good work done. We're hoping to do that again
> [2][3][4].
>
> We'll have a couple of Debian and Ubuntu developers to help you with
> understanding how these projects work and to help get fixes into
> Debian and Ubuntu.
>
> If you're looking to get involved with a SIPB project that uses Debian
> or Ubuntu and particularly Debian packaging, I especially encourage
> you to come, as this will be a good chance to learn more about
> packaging and potentially to help these projects by getting some of
> our local fixes upstream. As with all SIPB hackathons, we'll be
> getting snacks and dinner. We hope to see you there!
>
> [1] http://sipb.mit.edu/office/
> [2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2008/12/msg00513.html
> [3] http://www.debian.org/events/2011/0821-debub-bsp
> [4] http://asheesh.org/note/debian/sep-2011-bsp.html

Luke, thank you for the notification, event added, it will show up on
the main website in a few ours:

  <http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/webwml/webwml/english/events/2011/1002-debub-bsp.wml?revision=1.1&view=markup>

Feel free to contact the Events team again if I made some errors!

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca