Re: CfP - Usenix Annual Technical Conference

Scott Dier wrote:
> * Scott Dier <sdier@debian.org> [010509 15:31]:
> > * Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.infodrom.north.de> [010509 15:16]:
> > > June 25 - 30, 2001
> > I was more worried about times/dates the booth needs to be managed. :)
>
> Looks like Thursday June 28 noon-7pm and June 29th 10am-4pm.

Noted.

I've listed you as main coordinator and you and Noah as contact for
Usenix, hope that's ok.

> Whats the plan for it usually?  I saw the LWCE booth last year where you
> basically have CD's handy to hawk at passerby, interact with people and
> tell them about debian/answer questions, perhaps a machine or two to
> show off with if needed.

Please check the additional documents on http://www.debian.org/events/
They may answer your questions already.

> Do we get the CDs donated or does it work out show by show basis?

This works out on a by show basis - or not.  You'd have to contact
vendors on your own.

> Looks like I at least have 4 things I want to go over those two days,
> leaving holes at 3:50-5:40pm on the 28th... 10am-10:40am and 1:50pm-4pm
> on the 29th.  Minimally I want to be at talks during those times....
> Otherwise, if we can find a group of people willing it wouldn't be a bad
> thing.

I'd say that running a booth requires at least two people.  Together
with Noah you are two, so it should be possible.  Some would make
things easier, of course.

> Should we plaster one of the lists in a couple days to ask for
> help, or is this the only good list to look for volunteers for the
> booth?  I don't think this list was too advertised, and I worry some
> people might not know that we are even planning this.

Just go ahead.  I don't think debian-events-na has been distributed
far enough so people from debian-devel know about it yet.  Thus a
posting to -devel may be worth it.

Assuming I don't forget it, I'll post something to debian-news about 1
week ahead of the event.

Regards,

	Joey

--
This is Linux Country.  On a quiet night, you can hear Windows reboot.