Re: First draft of the LinuxTag-booth

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 06:52:05PM +0200, Thimo Neubauer wrote:
> - a demopoint with beamer needs at least 2x3m, better 3x3 meter so
>   that there's plenty of space for visitors to watch

2x3m is ok.  The screen is not bigger and we should not waste space.

> - besides the demo computer only 2 or 3 extra computers are
>   needed. Not every question has to be answered by typing in strange
>   commands :)
>
> This is a draft sketch of how I think the booth could be:
>
>          3-4m    3m
>        |______|______|_
>        |TTTTTT       |
>        |             |
>        |          B  | 4m?
>        |             |
>        |SSS        D |
>        ---------------

         . 3-4m    2m
         .________|______|_
         .TTTTTTTT       |
         .         X     | 3m
         .d        X     |
         . . SSS . . B .D|. . .
	       vvv
                v  v vv v
                  v v  v

> D is a high table ("Stehpult") or shelf with a computer on it for the
> shows and for explaining stuff, B is the approximate position of the
> Beamer which should be somehow mounted to the ceiling[1]. The free
> space on the right wall would be perfect for the "DDs all over the
> world"-poster. I don't know yet if D should point inside or outside
> the booth, both versions have advantages.

IMHO we should D and B at the booth border. And we should add a extra
demo-Point (d). With this we can show Debian two times all the time in
practice.

btw: How long is the cable of the beamer?

The X are some table, shelf, 'Flatterband' to delimit the beamer space.
(the 'v' are the visitors)

> T would be a long table with more computers on it, mainly the Alpha
> and the PowerPC. Above them, some posters about our 11 architectures?
> S is the selling-point where we hand out CDs and sell T-Shirts.
> By the way: we do need some kind of booth master: the one with the key
> to the cash box. This should also be the person standing behind S to
> keep confusion and asking around at a minimum level.

But this booth master don't need the key master. IMHO the

> I intend to start collecting information about who could be manning
> the booth when. Thus, everybody should think about what talks he wants
> to listen to so that we can assign shifts. Of course, the shifts won't
> be completely static but IMHO we should have a rough plan to avoid the
> too-many-DDs-problem. If noone objects I'll start asking those wanting
> to help in the booth by personal mail when they'll have time.

ok

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
Windows kann kein Virus sein. Ein Virus ist in der Regel klein,