Re: Linux Expo Amsterdam/Things to bring

On Sun 21 Jan 2001, Martin Schulze wrote:

> Please be advised that at least in Germany it costs about euro 20.0
> for one pc for one day on an exhibition to play music. (GEMA, if that
> should be known).  Dunno how this is handled in .nl.

We have our own royalties terrorists, Buma/Stemra.

Just get the freely available stuff from mp3.com,
which the artists themselves provide. Maybe we can
provoke a test case for such a situation :-)
After all, it would be rediculous that Madonna / Jantje Smit
profit from us playing such music.

Paul Slootman