Re: Linux Expo Amsterdam/Things to bring

On Sat 20 Jan 2001, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Paul Slootman wrote:
>
> > Is there any update on a wheelbarrow or something to
> > transport equipment from/to car?  Would the RAI have
> > something available?
>
> I suppose it's possible to park somewhere close to the show floor; booth
> equipment of big companies usually is just as big and heavy.
>
> Still: can anyone bring something on wheels that can carry a heavy monitor?

I'll probably bring an 17inch monitor instead, that's a lot lighter than
the trinitron tube in the Iiyama.

> BTW Paul: when exactly do you plan to be at the RAI?

Tuesday morning early. I don't have time to come on Monday evening,
it's 150km from my home (Almelo).

> And we also still need some (i.e. 3) chairs, some folding "kitchen" or
> "garden" variety would be easiest to carry (if you know what I mean). I don't
> have those. Anyone?

I have one, and can probably bring another (normal) chair in the car.

I also have colour A3's printed (by Ard van Breemen at Telegraafnet
(where they use debian :-) ), I still have to cut and paste them into
an A1. Hope have time to do that Monday evening (one of each).

> Networking: as you know we won't have Internet, but we can set up a little LAN
> just for fun. The things I'll bring have BNC & UTP (i.e. dual) 10Mbit. I can
> bring a few coax cables, but only one very short UTP cable. No hub. What
> network connections do other machines have?

I use coax. I also have a number of AUI to BNC converters if necessary.

> Power: if everyone can bring a few power cords etc, it should be possible to
> connect everything ;-)

I'll bring an extension cord, and also a couple of "stekerdozen".
I don't think I'll bring my Sun IPC, as I haven't updated that in a
_long_ time (although I could reinstall there :-)  I won't bring the
Sun monitor either, should be able to disply on the 17" (I'll test
first).

Does anyone have a system with USB? Then we can take pictures and
display them... (I have a digital camera).

How about sound? Should I bring my speakers?

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/