Re: Linux Expo Amsterdam posters / flyers

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Joost van Baal wrote:

> > And the debian_propaganda3* is still BETA; do use gv but not lpr yet ;-)
>
> Could you upload a new version please? I can't see the Debian side, it's
> fallen off the page :(

Oh, yeah. That's the stupid WP driver that thinks it knows about bounding
boxes. Either force gv to A4 format (next to the magn. button) or edit the
BoundingBox values at the very end of the .ps. That's not needed for printing
however; printers seem to ignore the BBox entirely.

If you want gv to default to anything else than BBox, have something like
GV.pageMedia: A4
in your ~/.gv

> BTW, I hacked the PostScript Debian logo's, to facilitate things for
> the Tshirt printing guy. If anyone would like to print shirts, please
> give a yell.

I've also done some hacking; turned out to be quite simple. There's a new
version of debian-logo-horizontal.eps at
  http://panic.et.tudelft.nl/~costar/linuxexpoamsterdam2001/deblogo/
and you can get a .ps of it in any format with something like
  poster -v -m a4 -p a4 -c 0% -w +0.5,0.5cm infile.eps > outfile.ps
Change both "a4"s to the format you want. ps2pdf will get you .pdf if you
need that.

> What time do you think you'll be at the Expo on monday? I could be there at
> 17:00.

I currently have the intention to be there at 14:00, but if I have to wait for
three hours for anyone to show up, I don't know if I'll stick to that.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer