Subject: Re: Kial la esperanto ne plu estas en debian-instalilo ?
Date: ?a?do 17 Februaro 2005 16:54
From: Jean-Charles Salzeber <jc@gxangalo.com>
To: debian-esperanto@lists.debian.org

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 17:26, Christian Perrier wrote:

> > ?i estis akceptita en Mandrake, kaj eo_XX estas jam vaste uzata
> > private. Mi pensas, ke eo_XX havas la plej bonan ?ancon.
>
> Correct me if I understand wrongly but if the above means that eo_XX
> has been chosen in Mandrake, this is indeed a quite good argument for
> it. Mandrake's i18n is very well handled by Pablo Saratxaga and one
> can imagine that he thought deeply before choosig this locale name.

(Note that Pablo himself speaks Esperanto)
I would like to add that eo_XX name fit well in Mandrake because of the
localedrake utility.

I'm not a Mandrake user, but this is what I have understood about it.
Let say I'm an esperanto speaker in France, you have to issue this
command:
$ localedrake --apply --kde_lang=eo --kde_country=FR
And it would create (if not existing) an eo_FR locale from the default
locale for Esperanto (eo_XX) and the default locale for France (fr_FR).
(The reference to kde here is misleading, and will probably be removed)

JC

Vilhelmo Lutermano
Le Monde diplomatique en Esperanto - DIPLOMATIA MONDO
http://eo.mondediplo.com
---
Esperanto - Linukso de la lingvoj;
Linukso - Esperanto de la komputiloj.