Re: Stanford University's central IT strategy

Hi, Russ:

On Sunday 19 September 2010 03:56:18 Russ Allbery wrote:
> Stanford University's central IT Services department has published our
> yearly update to our technology strategy, and I thought folks here might
> be interested in looking at some of it.  The root of the strategy
> documents is:
>
>     http://itservices.stanford.edu/strategy

I have no time now to comment on detail so all I can say is...

Rrrrreally interesting.  While those are very high level documents, that's the
kind of path I was talking about in past threads (and it somehow makes my
positions stronger to myself in that I don't see nothing there quite a lot of
other public or private corporations doesn't have to cope with and plan for;
there will be a day where those things will be as much standardized as your
electric systems.  In the meanwhile, gaining access to what other sysadmins
consider and implement is a very important step in the right path).

Cheers.