Debian and transparent Windows like ACLs on Samba

Hi

In our organisation we would want to provide to our users the
opportunity to use Windows like ACLs in a transparent way (aka behaviour
when NFS mounted is similar than behaviour when use via Samba).

AFAICS currently this does not seem possible within Debian as:
 * POSIX ACLs are confusing for users and clearly not good enough a
match for Windows like ACLs
 * storing the extra flags outside the filesystem while using POSIX ACLs
means a non-transparent solution
 * storing the extra flags inside the filesystem is currently not
working with at least ext2fs, ext3fs, ext4fs (does someone know a
filesystem that is working besides zfs?)
 * Debian does not use the out of tree richacls patches

Are there any other options or things I overlooked to be able to solve this?

Cheers

Luk