how to buy hardware

Hi,

most people assume that buying linux compatible hardware is easy today
but how do *you* do that? Some examples from everyday's life:

- multi function devices (scan, print, copy) that are compatible with
sane/cups *and* that are available in stores
- an A3 flatbed scanner that works with sane and is available...
- an A5 flatbed scanner that works with sane and is available...

I know that I can find huge lists of supported hardware at the sane
project and openprinting.org but most of the hardware is not sold any
more.

Cheers,
Torsten

--