Re: Debian-based product build system

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 02:07:35PM -0400, Christopher Barry wrote:
> Looks very interesting. Per your TODO, it looks like you're
> already thinking about what I had questions about, e.g. dependencies
> (would there be specification duplication here?)

ATM, it's duplicated. I'd like to add a Debian backend to BitBake, so that it
supports Debian dependencies.

> Curious, was there a reason you did not submodule bitbake in your repo?
> Seems like you should keep bb current, but also be able to reproduce an
> image at the originally recorded release-time bb commitish too if
> desired/required.

Yes, this is the reason. I don't know how to achieve that with git submodules,
and I didn't want to introduce a further tool like repo ATM. In commercial
environments, people have to duplicate the code anyway, so the question is only
whether one wants to have it in the project repo or not.

With kind regards,
Baurzhan.