Re: Cross-toolchains for Jessie available

On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 13:09:57 +0900
Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> wrote:
> > [...]
> > The Emdebian.org server got a) hacked and b) moved, so the old
> > toolchains (squeeze, wheezy and older) are currently non online, but
> > will be restored reasonably soon.
>
> I missed that. Looking for it, I now see
>
>     http://www.emdebian.org/News/2014/20141117.html
>
> but that's also scant on details.

It's not necessary to publish full details.

> Any estimate about how long it will take to know when the
> intrusion/compromise occurred and what the damage was?

Some time after the updates to toolchains and emdebian grip stopped
when the server became essentially idle. There is no evidence that any
of the mirrors were modified after we disabled the push.

The server was due to be decommissioned (it provided many more
capabilities than we needed and the sponsoring of that extra expense had
ended) but we'd been slow in implementing the replacement server.

The server was then decommissioned as per the original schedule. Any
damage / effects on that machine are irrelevant.

The new server is a reinstall from backups.