Re: Areas of Emdebian to integrate into Debian

Guys:

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Hector Oron <hector.oron@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are eager to listen more stories... :-)

Ok.  :)

One of my current projects is a PXA270 board with 64MB of NAND flash
(I think it's part of an FPGA, but I'm not sure because I don't yet
have schematics).  640x480 LCD with a touch panel and a few soft keys.

Into this board we have crammed a complete emdebian armel root
filesystem, built using multistrap from the standard emdebian package
repositories.  We also pull from our own package repositories for a
bunch of Java (yes, THAT Java) applications and a Java 1.1 virtual
machine and runtime.  Runs under Xorg and uses a little bit of GTK and
libswt.

We're also using two 250kbps socketCAN channels, plus ethernet and USB.

Finally, we use our own gpg keys and usbmount to have the platform
automagically swallow verified system updates delivered as debs via
USB.  The client is Fortune 10.

All of the above eats about 70% of the 60MB we have available for the
jffs2 root filesystem.  The rest we're saving for a rainy day.

Emdebian is good stuff, obviously!  One of these days I'll put
together some presentations for Embedded Systems Conference, or
something.  Suggestions welcome.

b.g.
--
Bill Gatliff