Re: gcc

OK, so I think my initial question was incorrect. apt was trying to
install the regular debian gcc which was creating the dependency on
libc-bin. Really the problem is that with just the emdebian repository
in sources.list (deb http://www.emdebian.org/grip squeeze main) it
doesn't know about gcc. apt-get update shows:
root@ls2:/etc/apt# apt-get update
Hit http://www.emdebian.org squeeze Release.gpg
Ign http://www.emdebian.org/grip/ squeeze/main Translation-en
Hit http://www.emdebian.org squeeze Release
Hit http://www.emdebian.org squeeze/main armel Packages
Reading package lists... Done

and 'apt-get install gcc' show:
root@ls2:/etc/apt# apt-get install gcc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package gcc

Even though as you pointed out the package is there:
http://www.emdebian.org/grip/search.php?package=gcc-4.4&distro=squeeze&arch=armel

Is my sources.list line need to add something? Thanks for all the help.

thanks,
Paul

> Please don't complain about multistrap without at least attaching the
> multistrap configuration file (and the output of --simulate) that you
> are using. I really cannot help you without the actual configuration
> you are using.

Sorry about that. Most of my issues were trying to get dash to
configure. To do that I had to create/touch some man stuff and then
rerun /var/lib/dpkg/info/dash.preinst (thanks to the folks on the
debian irc channel).

And overall we love emdebian. It took some work to get lenny going,
but then it was very stable for years