Re: Starting Debian installer from Grub2 on Flash

Le lundi 28 février 2011 à 23:02 +0100, Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE a
écrit :
> Can Debian installer be started and installed on the same CF Flash?
> We would like users to be able to make their own installation using
> Debian installer and network. Therefore a minimal installer should
> reside on CF. A "bonus" would be the installer being recognized by
> Grub2
> and proposed as a rescue boot.

I followed instructions from the Debian installer hd-media.
This is an ALIX 2D13 board with serial console.

So I modified sys.conf to boot from console (ok).
Then I modified the image bootloader with serial console support (ok).

Now the CD net-install image boots but does not recognize the flash
drive.

I am aware that PXE installation works. But we would like to offer users
and installer on FLASH to ease installation.

Any idea?

Kind regards,