Re: Cross Toolchains for ARM

Hi,

2011/4/11 misca misca <misca@hotmail.com>:

> According to http://www.emdebian.org/tools/crosstools.html the only
> platforms aviable are i386 and amd64 ?

That is because our build daemon is amd64, previously we have built on
powerpc succesfully, but we lost the build machine.

> However my development system is ARM based and my target system is mips
> based,
> are there any plans to release the cross toolchain to be hosted on ARM
> architecture ?

There are not a lot of users for such case, there are no plans to
support that unless people finds it really useful, needed and we find
and arm machine to do the builds. But, you can try to build your own
set and share with us your experience, we can help bugfix it, but it
probably builds out of the box. You can follow instruction on site or
at wiki.

< http://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianToolchain#Build_your_own_from_sources >

Cheers,
--