UBIFS support to Debian Installer?

Guys:

I'm considering putting forth an effort to add UBIFS support to the
Debian Installer.  Initially, all I want is a pre-specified partition
layout that gets applied automatically during the installation
process; later on, maybe some user input would be nice.

The guys on #debian-boot haven't been real responsive to my questions.
 Does anyone here know anything about how to accomplish the above?  It
looks like I would just dump some scripts and stuff into the partman
tree, but the details are completely beyond my grasp at this point.

Thanks!

b.g.
--
Bill Gatliff