Re: My work on cross compiler packages

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010, Hector Oron wrote:
> I would even go further and I would try to have all (build-)essential
> packages provide a consistent -source package, for easier work on
> bootstrapping $distribution from source.

 I'm not sure build-essential relates; the reason for pushing for the
 cross-toolchain effort is because we need to bootstrap them on buildds
 for consumption by end users.  But to bootstrap an architecture from
 scratch should rather be an extension of our buildd software, or a new
 software working from the archive -- doesn't need to happen within a
 regular build.

--
Loïc Minier