Re: Problem installing kernel on Grip

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 16:15:30 +0200
Hector Oron <hector.oron@gmail.com> wrote:

> Emdebian does not support kernels, yet,

For Crush, that's true. For Grip, there are a couple of vanilla kernels
available in Grip - mainly i386. The question is open as to which other
kernels should be supported.

> 2009/8/26 David Goodenough <david.goodenough@btconnect.com>:
> > If I try to install initramfs-tools it complains about klibc-utils(>=1.5.9-1)
> > and cpio which is not going to be installed.
>
> If those packages are not in the Grip repository, could you try to use
> emgrip on them and see what happens?

apt-grip should be able to do that for you. It's in the emdebian-grip
package and uses apt to download the package and dependencies, passes
the package(s) to emgrip and then the converted package(s) to dpkg.