emdebian mipsel support

Hi,
I am new to emdebian project and trying to crosscompile debian packages to a mipsel board. I have installed the cross-toolchain and tried to croos-compile the glibc but it is failing with following message:

"/bin/sh: line 8: /emdebian/trunk/g/glibc/trunk/glibc-2.7/build-tree/mipsel-libc/elf/ld.so: cannot execute binary file"

So I assume it is trying to run a mipsel binary my amd-64. Could anyone guide about the issue please. Could somebody also guide about the general build cycle for mipsel please especially what to edit or where to add the cache files.

Many thanks,

Mahmood Javed,
Wonderboxes Ltd,
Sheffield, United Kingdom.