Re: emsource does not return return code from dpkg-buildpackage

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 16:24 +0000, David Goodenough wrote:
> If dpkg-buildpackage fails, emsource stops but does not return a non-zero
> return code.  Now I suppose it might be that dpkg-buildpackage does not
> return a non-zero return code, but I am not sufficiently familiar with
> it to know.

Why is the return code important?

Check for the presence of the .changes file.

> Does anyone know what is supposed to happen?

emsource calls emdebuild using exec rather than system - emdebuild
replaces emsource in the process and emsource never expects emdebuild to
return. This is done because there's no point having the emsource
process hanging around during the build.