Re: emdebian tools on testing

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 10:04 +1100, Brendan Simon wrote:
> > Wookey wrote:
> >> I believe that 4.1 and 4.2 are currently installable on testing. (It
> >> seems to be OK on both my boxes currently (I installed a couple of
> >> weeks back), but there is obviously continuous flux. What is going
> >> wrong for you?

> OK.  I removed all unstable packages from my testing box.

Why??

>  I installed
> (from testing repo) emdebian-tools (0.8.0) and build-deps for gcc-4.2.

You will come up against bugs that were fixed in 0.8.x by using the
version currently in testing (as always when using testing for anything,
the bugs are always fixed in unstable and testing users need to wait for
the migration).

> powerpc .deb available.  Why is emchain telling me it is not
> available.
> Is it looking in unstable for some reason?

Yes - probably because you haven't reconfigured emdebian-tools to look
at testing, it is still configured for unstable.

Removing packages does not reconfigure the system.

>  I will try the --force option, but I shouldn't
> need to, given all the pieces are in place.  Yes ???

No, they are not all in place and there are known bugs in 0.8.0.

Try changing the targetsuite in ~/.apt-cross/emsource