Re: Refer me to doc, how make embedded image...

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 14:26 +0400, yantux yantux wrote:
> Hello All.
>
> I read http://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianQuickStart
> I had install emdebian-tools, emdebian-rootfs pakeges,
> but I not understand what commands, scripts I must use for building embedded image.

Currently, only ARM is available for quick building:

Follow the root filesystem link from the homepage:
http://www.emdebian.org/emdebian/rootfs.html

(background info on what Emdebian can provide and why)

Use the HowTo to create the root filesystem:
http://www.emdebian.org/docs/howto-3.html

The actual commands for emsandbox are documented in the manpage. From
the docs page (http://www.emdebian.org/docs.html) click on
emdebian-tools (http://www.emdebian.org/emdebian/tools.html) and then on
the link to the manpages:
http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/emdebian/man/

The same content as `man 1 emsandbox` is available at:
http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/emdebian/man/re09.html

$ sudo emsandbox create

will get you a basic rootfilesystem but you are likely to need to extend
the package selection and other parts using the machine:variant
customisations:
http://www.emdebian.org/emdebian/customisation.html

> Help me please, what doc I'll must reading.

There is a bug in the two smallest root filesystem package sets which I
am due to fix later today.

You will need a kernel and kernel modules from a separate source -
Emdebian does not currently provide kernels.

Support for armel is pending, i386 is being worked upon too.