Re: SV: rootfs on x86 (i386)

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 11:57 +0200, Martin Hansen wrote:
> Martin Hansen wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have tried a bit with the emsandbox to create at root-fs for at
> little machine running with a x86

Then you aren't cross-building - bear that in mind when reading the
docs. You do not use a cross building toolchain for the packages you
want.

> > compatible processor.But with imidiate success.
> Of course this should be "with NO immediate success"

http://www.emdebian.org/
The homepage for Emdebian does note:

* Prebuilt packages for ARM
Busybox based root filesystem and packages to support the G Palmtop
Environment based on GTK+2.

* Root filesystem for ARM - based on busybox and removing "Essential"
Debian packages like perl.

i.e. packages only exist for ARM at this time. You would have to build
all the packages yourself for your target.

http://www.emdebian.org/docs/howto.html#tools

http://www.emdebian.org/packages/search.php
{arm} and unstable only.

http://www.emdebian.org/docs/howto-3.html