Re: My mistake

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 04:50 -0700, PatM wrote:
> The lenny install wants arm binutils. Its the 386 binutils that I have
> already. I'll look to the sid arm-linux-gnu and try manually
> downloading. Can't run emsetup with sid repos or I get the other error.

> A Sid install complains that libc6 is too old and requires libc6 2.7-10
> - which doesn't appear to be available on the sid servers or the
> emdebian repositories.

It is available from Debian mirrors (sid) for apt-cross to provide for
your setup:

$ apt-cache policy libc6
libc6:
  Installed: 2.7-10
  Candidate: 2.7-10
  Version table:
 *** 2.7-10 0
        500 ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

[2008-03-28] Accepted 2.7-10 in unstable (low) (Aurelien Jarno)

New uploads of gcc or glibc always cause delays installing toolchains.
ARM appears to have built it OK.
http://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=glibc
2008 Mar 28 22:04:26

Cross-building toolchains are complex sets of packages, preparing them
can take time.

emchain cannot current build gcc-4.3 due to upstream issues, you will
need to use the packages available from the Emdebian repository.

Until the toolchains can be autobuilt, this kind of delay is inevitable.