Architecture Doubts

Hello all,

Hope you guys knows how to answer me that :-)

I'm wondering to start an IC Project with VHDL... a really small
project... My doubt is... I'm getting data from memory or other digital
data source as a pulse series..._|--|____|----------|________ ...

So, my circuit would need one input for this data... and it would have
one output also...

My question is... I'm working with a 64bit word... how would I be able
to work on this 64bit work??

Do I need a DEMUX 1->64 ??

Is there a way to detect the 64th bit and work with that word all at
once ??

How can I achieve that ??

Looking at VHDL side, it should be as simple as possible...

Thank you everybody in advance.

I know that's not the correct place to ask this, but didn't find any
better place.
--
Best Regards,

Felipe Balbi