Re: How to replace Win CE with embedded Linux?

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 21:45 +0200, ext ansgar wrote:
> Hi Felipe,
>
> do you have additionally documentation for the use of U-Boot from CF
> with Win CE?

Actually you should first learn about loadlin... the u-boot would be a
second step when you would to flash the U-Boot on the Device's Flash
Memory using the RS232 interface.

For now... a .bat file and a loadable kernel on a compact flash seems to
be easier... and then you should be able to get a terminal using RS232
to get any error messages... this way you could interact with the device
and build you own ARM filesystem... I think a well configured fluxbox or
xfce would be enough... as long as you have touchscreen enabled. :-)

But let's go a step at a time, shall we? ;-)

For loadlin you could try these sites:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loadlin
ftp://elserv.ffm.fgan.de/pub/linux/loadlin-1.6/
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/Loadlin+Win95-98-ME

> Best Regards
> Ansgar
>
> PS: Your answer seems to be a new speed record.

eheheh... nice to hear :-p

--
Best Regards,

Felipe Balbi