Using dpkg-cross / building a rootstrap with emdebian

Hello,

Is there a how-to for using dpkg-cross from www.emdebian.org that
describes how to say use a CrossTool built toolchain?  I am using
Crosstool-0.42 to generate my ARM toolchain.

Also, is there a general guidance or how-to on building your own base
system using dpkg-cross?  For example, I would like to build a base
rootstrap debian system that includes tinyx and gtk+ 2.6.

I already have a BSP from my processor providor that includes busybox
along with the kernel and bootloader.

I am just trying to figure out how to use emdebian to build the rest
of my rootstrap.

Thanks!

Sean