Re: cross compilation; 10% performance hit

> Even though, with some trial and error, I got everything working, but I
> have one strange effect: compared with our current commercial
> distribution (MVL 3.1), the binaries that are compiled with the "debian"
> compiler take an immediate performance hit of at least 10%.
>
> Any suggestions or comments on this?

The cause seemed to be patches that were applied in the MVL 3.3.
compiler and not yet in the main 3.4 sources.

Crosscompiling with the 3.4 now offers the same results considering
performance (main sources)..

--
  Marc Leeman
  Hardware R&D Engineer

  Barco Control Rooms
  Noordlaan 5, Industriezone, B-8520 Kuurne (BE)
  Tel. +32 56 368 428
  http://www.barcocontrolrooms.com
  mailto:marc.leeman@barco.com