Re: Packages marked as testing auto-removel due to bug#999962

David Bremner <david@tethera.net> writes:

> Manphiz <manphiz@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Dear Emacsen Maintainers,
>>
>> It looks like a few Emacsen packages are marked as testing auto-removal
>> due to bug#999962[1].  It looks like this pcre to pcre2 migration is
>> non-trivial, and the upstream of silversearcher-ag[2] seems to be silent
>> since Dec. 2020.  The list of affected packages are in [3].  As most of
>> them have silversearcher-ag as an optional dependency, should it be
>> considered to drop silversearcher-ag support for now and wait for the
>> fixes or alternatives to be available before re-enabling the support?
>>

> I'm not a silversearch-ag user, but your suggestion makes sense to me.

Thanks David!  I've prepared a merge request[1] on emacs-wgrep to
implement this idea.  Would be great to have your reviews and comments.
If this is an acceptable direction to go forward I will do similar work
on other affect packages.  Thanks!

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/emacsen-team/emacs-wgrep/-/merge_requests/1

--
Manphiz