Re: Help needed with splitting elpa-modus-themes

Hi Sean,

Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> writes:

> Hello,
>
> On Sun 19 Sep 2021 at 01:13PM -04, Nicholas D Steeves wrote:
>
>> Hi Dhavan,
>>
>> Unfortunately the non-dfsg files have already been merged and pushed, so
>> a team member with group-level admin access will need to do a hard reset
>> of the pristine-tar, upstream, and master branches, and you'll need to
>> do the same on your local copy, and reimport using 'gbp import-orig
>> --uscan'.
>
> This is not the case.  The history on salsa need not be rewritten for
> DFSG reasons.
>
>> The non-dfsg source shouldn't be maintained on Debian infrastructure.
>
> Again, this is not so.  It is no problem to maintain it on salsa.

Are you sure, and if so, when was this policy changed?  At DC17 (yes, we
were still on alioth IIRC) the team was rather explicit in its warning
to me to *not* put GDFL with invariant section and/or cover page on
Debian infrastructure.  That package was src:emacs-ivy.  You were one of
the people who insisted...

Cheers,
Nicholas