Re: Help needed with splitting elpa-modus-themes

P.S. I was assuming a tarball-based workflow for the docs package.  If
you'd prefer to create modus-themes-non-dfsg-docs tags then gbp can
leverage those in a local-only src:modus-theme-non-dfsg-docs package.
'git deborig' can also be used to create the docs package's tarball from
the debian packaging branch of src:modus-theme-non-dfsg-docs so long as
you've merged the tag you created.

It's also worth evaluating whether one feels the documentation is useful
enough to justify the time/effort of maintaining a non-free package, or
whether the work will demotivate you.  When I initially packaged
src:emacs-ivy, I chose--with the support of our team--to not ship the
non-free package.  There is no obligation to ship the docs, and no shame
in not doing so :-)

Take care,
Nicholas