Re: three evil keybinding-related packages > 89th MELPA percentile

Hi Nicholas,

On Saturday, August 1, 2020 5:41 PM, Nicholas D Steeves wrote:
> It occurred to me that Debian might not yet have evil keybindings for
> two of the most popular Emacs modes: Magit and Org.

These are both packages that I use and would be happy to package/maintain. I started work a number of months ago on evil-magit [1], but I still have a bit to go there. The package is in a relatively good state, but there are a few new failing tests that I need to fix.

> Please note, I didn't check if evil-collection overlaps with the other
> two. IIRC Doom uses evil bindings, so there might have been a
> conversation about this there. Consulting the list of package used in
> Doom might also provide insight into how we can better accommodate users
> who have a predilection for evil bindings ;-)

This is a good suggestion. I've been digging through Spacemacs for ideas on this front, but I haven't looked at Doom.

Speaking of Spacemacs, I found this doc [2] that may be interesting when it comes to improving our Evil documentation.

1: https://salsa.debian.org/emacsen-team/evil-magit-el/-/merge_requests/1
2: https://github.com/syl20bnr/spacemacs/blob/c7a103a772d808101d7635ec10f292ab9202d9ee/doc/VIMUSERS.org