Re: Package elpher

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Thursday, July 30, 2020 6:05 PM, Lev Lamberov <dogsleg@debian.org> wrote:

> When someone asks for sponsoring an upload, I expect the person to at
> least try to build their package and run lintian against it. Currently,
> I see only boilderplate generated by dh-make-elpa. Please, make sure you
> pushed all of your commits to the repo.

Thanks a lot for the detailed analysis!

Now, I must first apologize for not conveying my intentions
clearly. You are right, that this is just boilerplate. I have not
worked on removing lintian's suggestions and other things that you
pointed out. They are under my attention, and I was not asking for
upload right now. I only wanted to understand the licensing part. This
I _completely_ failed to convey! Again, I apologize that I wasted your
time and energy.

In fact I have some questions that I need to answer myself. Such as
"How do I package .texinfo docs?"! I do not know how that is done, but
I haven't looked at other packages doing this _at all_.

I understand that the package is not ready for upload yet. I will be
working on this at the earliest convenience (possibly tomorrow or the
weekend).

Thanks again for taking the trouble!

--
D Vaidya