Is it possible to activate a GNU ELPA package by installing another package?

Hi,

the debian pspp package currently provides an Emacs pspp-mode by installing an elpa package as „external“ package. This is automatically active, i.e. when I open a .sps file. The pspp-mode.el now moved into the GNU ELPA repository

https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/pspp-mode.html

Do you have a preferred way how I can install and activate the pspp-mode GNU ELPA package when I install the debian pspp package? The idea is that by installing pspp, the pspp-mode is automagically active in emacs. I do not know how this can be achieved in the debian pspp package and would appreciate some advice.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/pspp-dev/2020-07/msg00011.html

Regards

Friedrich