Re: Help/sponsorship needed in upstreaming multiple elpa/melpa packages to debian

Hi Sławomir,

Sławomir Wójcik <valdaer@gmail.com> writes:

> On 05.06.2020 04:13, Nicholas D Steeves wrote:
>> Sławomir Wójcik <valdaer@gmail.com> writes:
>>> On 22.05.2020 19:30, Sean Whitton wrote:
[snip]
>> Re: "notification about this email" are you subscribed to
>> debian-emacsen@lists.debian.org ?  Since you're using GMail it might be
>> necessary to create a server-side filter (using the webmail interface)
>> to insure that email from this list ends up in the Inbox.
[snip]
> :) Yeah, I have one gmail filter for all debian mailing lists that skips
> the inbox but I'm checking mails frequently in thunderbird which
> notifies me about emails from most folders/labels, also I'm subscribed
> to one or two other lists and some issues so I will have to tweak my
> gmail filter config.
>
> Sorry if some/all of my emails are not respecting 80 line limit length,
> I'm using Thunderbird and it's working randomly for this. Sometimes is
> ok(for example here:
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=766441) but often on
> mailing list it doesn't seem to work. Eventually I will figure it out.
>
> Btw I've replied to your review in the scala-mode bug(fixed most of your
> review comments, asked for the things I wasn't sure).

Thanks, I've just send a review.

Re: email, best of luck!  if ever you feel overwhelmed by the volume of
email then it's worth giving notmuch a try :-) For 10 months or so I've
used notmuch + gmailieer + msmtp-mta + Messages mode, and the worst bugs
I've encountered are the rare necessity for a full rsync and the fact
that gmailieer + notmuch doesn't notify of new mail on the command line.
Oh, and it can sometimes be very slow on btrfs, but I assume that's a
btrfs issue.  Despite this issues, I think not worthwhile for the massive
productivity benefits it conveys.

For notifications I've used plasma-gmailfeed, but the volume of
notifications became a paralysing distraction.

Cheers,
Nicholas

P.S. Newer versions of gmailieer (now called lieer) have a sendmail-like
mode, like msmtp-mta, but those versions aren't in Debian yet.

P.P.S. in Debian we're generally expected to not CC anyone how is known
to be subscribed to a list, and there's a convention towards not CCing
anyone unless they ask, unlike most mail lists, and unlike bugs in the
BTS (please continue to CC everyone who has already participated in the
bug).