Re: Need some help in the packaging of quilt

Martin Quinson <martin.quinson@ens-rennes.fr> writes:

> Now, I'm puzzled. Should I drop the quilt.el that comes with the quilt
> package in the hope that someone will package the version you found?
> My upstream could be interested in integrating a newer version of that
> file, if it's of better quality. But since I'm not using quilt in
> emacs, I'm really not the right person to discuss with Quilt's
> upstream about it. If someone could explain what's expected for the
> new format, I think that this could get integrated.

If you look at the source package racket-mode, then you have a look at

debian/elpa

and

debian/racket-mode-pkg.el

both of these files are discussed in dh_elpa(1), but I guess
debian/elpa can be something like

quilt.el
debian/quilt-mode-pkg.el

and you can probably guess at the metadata in debian/quilt-mode-pkg.el

I'm not a quilt user, so I'd bow out of pursuing this with
upstream. Maybe someone else on the list is interested/

Feel free to drop by #debian-emacs (irc.oftc.net) with questions about
dh_elpa. Or ask here.