Re: Need some help in the packaging of quilt

Martin Quinson <martin.quinson@ens-rennes.fr> writes:

> Hello there,
>
> I am one of the maintainers of the quilt package, which helps managing
> piles of patches. This package provides a quilt.el file that I don't
> use myself, and that is not covered by the tests. I thus tend to avoid
> doing anything about this file to not break it.
>
> But according to lintian, I'm not doing the right thing here:
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian/quilt/-/jobs/625375
> W: quilt-el: emacsen-common-without-dh-elpa
> P: quilt-el: executable-in-usr-lib usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/quilt-el
> P: quilt-el: executable-in-usr-lib usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/remove/quilt-el

There seems to be a somewhat active upstream at
https://github.com/jstranik/emacs-quilt that is already in the format
needed by dh-elpa. Maybe the best course of action is to have someone
(TM) make a new source/binary package from that and then have quilt
suggest / recommend it?

If that seems reasonable to you, I guess it should be quick work with
dh-make-elpa to package it.