Re: emacsen-team salsa usage

Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> writes:

> I have packages using gbp, git-debrebase and dgit-maint-merge(7).
>
> I don't think we could drop gbp because we have team members who prefer
> it.  Similarly, I would object to being asked not to use git-debrebase
> because I strongly prefer it to gbp.
>
> I don't mind dropping dgit-maint-merge(7) usage for the sake of
> uniformity.
>
> Do you have many git-debcherry packages?

Not a huge number.  I'm willing to switch to git-debrebase for team
packages if it helps (since this is my request).

>> 3) Another potentially controversial idea is to have master (or whatever
>> "debcheckout -a" fetches) always buildable and corresponding to
>> unstable.  This would require all UNRELEASED changelogs live on
>> branches
>
> Would this help anything other than these pseudo-arch:all binNMUs?

I don't have any concrete ideas for things requiring immediate upload
(and I hope not to do many more team-wide pseudo binNMUs). I was just
thinking of general QA like changing to debhelper-compat, or wrap and
sort of control files. Maybe we should wait and see if something else
actually benefits.