Re: lintian: Severity and Certainty of emacsen-common-without-dh-elpa are wrong / false positives despite "Certainty: certain"

Chris Lamb <lamby@debian.org> writes:

> Chris Lamb wrote:
>
>> tags 906281 + moreinfo
>> thanks
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> > lintian: Severity and Certainty of emacsen-common-without-dh-elpa
>> > are wrong / false positives despite "Certainty: certain"
>>
>> So, what are the next, concrete, steps for Lintian here? I don't
>> currently see a consensus...?
>
> Gentle ping on this folks?

I fixed the dh_elpa bug #905464 which originally triggered this
discussion, so from my point of view the lintian warning is OK. Maybe
Axel can comment if/when he has a chance to try converting tpp dh_elpa
again? I did a quick and dirty conversion myself, but there could still
be e.g. documentation issues.

Or, we could close the lintian bug for now, and revisit the bug if there
seem to be intractable problems / large classes of packages that it is
not possible to use dh_elpa with.

I just this week had a look at some custom emacsen-install scripts that
reminded me that replacing maintainer scripts with declarative tools
really is a good thing for Debian.