Re: yasnippet-snippets_0.3-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

Hi!

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 10:01:26PM -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, May 10 2018, Nicholas D Steeves wrote:
>
> > On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 03:37:32PM -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:

> >> What does this mean?
> >
> >   * Refresh maintscript.
> >   * Add README.source to document elpa-yasnippet-snippets.maintscript.
> >
> > https://salsa.debian.org/emacsen-team/yasnippet-snippets/blob/master/debian/README.source
> >
> > So it's effectively just an s/0.2-1/0.3-1/.  Not sure if that even
> > bears mentioning in the changelog...
>
> The terminology is not standard, so I would have written "Refresh
> maintscript (see README.source)."

That makes sense, and given the list of standardised terminology I've
been building I ought to have been able to infer this!

> However:
>
> > I guess I could expand to README.source to say that the maintscript
> > *must* run for each new version (until buster) to handle symlink to
> > dir for anyone upgrading from stretch.
>
> I do not think this maintscript refreshing is needed, given your
> description of its purpose.
>
> When you write
>
>     symlink_to_dir /usr/share/yasnippet-snippets/cider-repl-mode clojure-mode 0.3-1~ yasnippet-snippets
>
> in d/foo.maintscript you are saying
>
>     "for anyone upgrading from a version of yasnippet-snippets earlier
>     than 0.3, run some shell script stuff."
>
> You said that you are trying to handle the case of someone upgrading
> from stretch.  stretch has a version number earlier than 0.3.  So the
> maintscript logic will always happen, no matter the version of
> yasnippet-snippets to which we are upgrading, when you specify 0.3-1~ in
> the maintscript.
>
> Or am I missing something?

You're not missing anything.  It seems I followed my notes like a dumb
robot, and those notes were deficient because I hadn't qualified my
"must update maintscript for each new version" with something like
"this is only until you find a sponsor for NEW yasnippet-snippets".

Thanks for catching this, I appreciate it :-)

Cheers,
Nicholas