Re: Wishlist bug for repackaging of dash-el ? (Was Re: Cask & dependencies)

Rémi Vanicat <vanicat@debian.org> writes:

> By the way, I converted magit to dh-elpa, but I didn't move its Debian
> git repository (it still in collab-maint). Should I move it? Otherwise
> we should add a wiki page on package not in the team git's repository.

If we want to be able to do global changes (including, but not limited
to mass rebuilds) to team packages, then it's probably best to have them
all in team git repos.

> Are non dh-elpa Emacs debian package reproducible? I believe they are
> not (I might be wrong), so we don't lose much by switching. That said It
> would be best if the change was made before too many package are
> converted, as it will certainly require a rebuild.

I believe non dh-elpa Emacas addons packages escape this particular
problem because they (typically) don't generate autoloads files.