Fwd: Wanted: maintainer for git's emacs support

Greetings,

This message caught my attention yesterday:
>  - would anyone be interested in adopting this code in Debian?

I would be willing to give this a try. Keep in mind that I've not been
a Debian maintainer previously and my expectations are based loosely
on the support tickets that were mentioned.

Myself, I live near Boston, am going to school part-time, and have
only used or worked with Unix and GNU Linux since 1995. I don't
usually say GNU Linux, either.

The New Maintainer's Guide looks relevant, but let me know if there
are other sources I should read. Let me know your thoughts on this
matter.

Sincerely,
J. Toby Knudsen

617-233-4002

cited message:
----- Forwarded message from Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@...> -----

Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 21:18:38 -0600
Subject: Wanted: maintainer for git's emacs support

Hi,

None of the current Debian git maintainers seem to use emacs.  This
means git's emacs support[1] does not get as much care as it deserves:
see for example bugs #611936, #611931, #611932, #611933, #611934,
#577834, and #611935.

The upstream maintainer is very friendly and responsive though he
doesn't seem to have much time for it these days.  Users are friendly
and responsive, too.  So I wonder:

 - would anyone be interested in adopting this code in Debian?
 - if not, should we be shipping it?

Thoughts welcome.  (Actions even more so. :))
Jonathan

[1] /usr/share/doc/git/README.emacs

----- End forwarded message -----