Re: NMU for http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=610714? (auctex)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011, Hilmar Preuße wrote:

On 23.01.11 Faheem Mitha (faheem@email.unc.edu) wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to get a fix uploaded for #610714 for auctex in squeeze.
This should be straightforward. The fix breaks preview with the
version of ghostscript in squeeze (8.71~dfsg2-6.1), and was patched
in upstream CVS in October 2010 (the patch is only to preview.el).
According to Ralf Angeli, the patch's author, the fix should be
backportable to 11.85. It was applied post 11.86.

What is the relevant part of the patch? Is it just the "-dSAFER ->
-dDELAYSAFER" replacements or are the other lines important too?

No idea. You should probably ask Angeli about that. I was wondering if I should be CCing messages to this bug report to an auctex list, and if so, which. Opinions?

                                                         Regards, Faheem